Veterinary Specialty Center is guided by the belief that companion animals deserve state-of-the-art medical care in a kind and comforting environment. The courage of our patients, the loyalty of their human families, and the devotion of our referral veterinarians inspire our vision. It is sustained by the contributions of our compassionate, knowledgeable and dedicated staff and built upon a tradition of providing unsurpassed healthcare for animals.
Veterinary Specialty Center’s Mission is to Provide State-of-the-Art Care in a Kind and Comforting Environment
The enormous impact of the care that we provide compels us to expand our mission into the areas of service, social/environmental and economic missions.
Veterinary Specialty Center (VSC) will use our expertise to work collaboratively with our regional primary care, specialty and emergency practitioners to improve the quality of life of our patients and the families that care for them.
Social and Environmental Mission
VSC’s mission of care, kindness and comfort extend from our professional services to the way we view our social and environmental responsibility.
- Use the resources of VSC to raise the standard of living in our community
- Create local jobs
- Support local businesses
- Prioritize selection of companies that share our values
- Provide a living wage for our staff
- Demonstrate the value of the respect and trust we have for our staff through support of their personal and professional goals
- Donate our time and resources to community organizations, local charities, rescue organizations and animal shelters
- Have a positive impact on the environment
- Emphasize a culture of diversity and inclusion (Inclusion, Diversity, Equality, Access, Social Justice)
- Provide continuing education to share our experience and knowledge with practicing veterinarians, support staff and the public
- Provide support services to families that are faced with difficult decisions or are grieving the loss of a pet
VSC will build a revenue base that provides for investment in the people, facilities, and equipment that will make us a sustainable, locally and independently owned practice…
VSC will charge fees that are commensurate with the level of care and service we provide. We understand the financial and emotional burden that this level of care can bring and we will try to find creative means to make this care available to as many families as possible.
VSC staff participates in the economic mission through financial training, open book management, and Ownership Thinking.