VSC Featured in Sun-Times Media/Buffalo Grove Countryside (10.9.12): Buffalo Grove, Lincolnshire Boast ‘the Mayo Clinic of Veterinary Medicine’
Buffalo Grove, Lincolnshire Boast
‘the Mayo Clinic of Veterinary Medicine’
By: Ronnie Wachter, Reporter for Sun-Times Media/Pioneer Press
LINCOLNSHIRE — The letter was framed, posted on the wall, and heartfelt.
It was a thank you note from someone whose friend died in the adjacent room. Although she lost her friend in that medical center, the letter’s writer made sure to express her appreciation for the care her friend received before cancer claimed him.
“Montana was a happy, loving, beautiful genetic defect who never should have made it past his first birthday,” the writer explained.
Montana was a dog, and his owner sought treatment for his cancer, ulcers, bad hips and more at Veterinary Specialty Center, 1515 Busch Parkway, located on the border between Buffalo Grove and Lincolnshire.
Calling themselves “the Mayo Clinic of veterinary medicine,” the group hired seven new staff members in September, including an oncologist, surgeon, radiologist, neurologist and a specialist in sports medicine and rehab — all for animals.
“It’s one place that people can bring their pets to treat conditions with input from multiple disciplines,” explained JoAnn Stewart, the hospital director.
To Cont. Reading Click Here:
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Treatments
- AAHA Accreditation Press Release
- VSC Hosts Chicagolands Largest Veterinary Continuing Education Event
- VSC Cares: Thank You for Your Contribution (2012 Nina's Pet Food Pantry)
- VSC Offers Tips to Keep Pets Safe During the Holidays
- VSC Cares: 2012 Nina's Pet Food Pantry
- VSC Featured in Sun-Times Media/Buffalo Grove Countryside (10.9.12): Buffalo Grove, Lincolnshire Boast ‘the Mayo Clinic of Veterinary Medicine’
- VSC and the U of I are Joining Forces to Provide Optimal Support for Your Pet
- VSC's Dr. Edward Payne in AVMA's Article: Money tips for caring pet owners
- New Additions to the VSC Team
- VSC Offers Tips to Keep Pets Safe During Scorching Temperatures
- VSC and Bentley’s Corner Barkery host Free First Aid & CPR Class
- VSC Featured in Sun-Times Media/Buffalo Grove Countryside (5.24.12) - Specialty Center Giving Pets Extra Attention
- VSC Cares: Join Us for 4 Paws/1 Cause on Sunday, June 24th, 2012 in South Barrington, IL
- Ask the Vet with Dr. Mitch Robbins
- VSC Expanding Services to Southeast Wisconsin
- VSC Offers Tips for Keeping Pets Safe from Everyday Poisons
- VSC Announces Collaboration With U of I and AEMC at Their 8th Annual Chicagoland Continuing Education Event
- VSC Participates in District 211's 2ND Annual GEMS Extravaganza
- VSC Will Host 8th Annual Chicagoland Continuing Education Event as a
- VSC Cares: VSC Family Donates Over a Thousand Pounds of Cat and Dog Necessities to Nina’s Pet Food Pantry
- VSC Cares: VSC Helps Families in Need this Holiday Season
- VSC Offers Tips for Coping with the Loss of a Companion Animal this Holiday Season
- VSC Featured in the Buffalo Grove Patch
- VSC Cares: VSC Drop Off Site for Nina's Pet Food Pantry November 1 - December 31, 2011
- VSC Cares: Thank You for Your Support at the 2 Million Dogs walk
- VSC Cares: Join Us at the "2 Million Dogs" walk on November 6, 2011 in West Dundee, IL
- VSC's Dr. Gendreau Featured in Sun-Times Media (11.4.11) - Colonial Cafe, Illinois Animal Rescue Helps Dog with Bad Knees
- VSC First in the Midwest to Offer Hemodialysis to Companion Animals
- Preventing Bloat with Prophylactic Gastropexy
- 3 New Doctors
- Pets' Midsections are growing
- Continuing Education Opportunity
- Stem Cell Treatment
- New Conference Room
- New Doctors