At Veterinary Specialty Center we believe that the enormous impact of the high-tech, state-of-the-art services we provide compels us to expand our mission. We not only want VSC to be an organization that is good but an organization that does good; for our patients, clients, referring veterinarians, staff, community and the environment. We take this social and environmental responsibility very seriously; it shapes our unique culture and guides our growth and business decisions.
- It’s the reason we were named a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace
- It’s the reason we were the first veterinary hospital in the US to receive B-Corporation Certification
- It’s the reason why we are one of the first hospitals in the Chicago-area to achieve VECCS Level I Trauma Certification (one of just eight veterinary hospitals internationally)
This helps differentiate us from other specialty hospitals. We lead the way in progressive medical treatments and are one of the few private hospitals to offer –
- Non-invasive cardiac surgical procedures
- In-house Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory with a Pathologist on staff
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
We also heavily promote community involvement including organized staff volunteer days and paid time off so that our staff can volunteer for organizations that are close to their hearts.