VSC’s Current Protocols During COVID-19
Starting Wednesday, December 22nd, 2021, all appointments will be curbside service only.
Here are the latest protocols for our clients.
- Scan or text for Curbside Check-in – Upon arrival for an appointment or emergency, simply scan or text your specific parking space sign to check in and share your exact location. A member of our team will then call you to discuss your pet’s history, any current issues, and to discuss the next steps. For our curbside service, we ask that you please step out of your car while wearing a mask to transfer your pet on their leash or in their carrier to our team.
- Get in line online – If your pet needs emergency medical attention and does not need to be seen immediately, you can reserve a place in line and wait in the comfort of your home by getting in line online. To see if your pet qualifies and to use our Get In Line service, please CLICK HERE.
- When in doubt, call! – If you are unsure whether your pet needs to be seen in an emergency or if a scheduled appointment is okay, please call us to help assess the situation. We have additional staff in place to ensure the best determination is made for your pet.
- Safety measures – For your safety and ours, our team members wear masks. All clients must also wear face masks, practice social distancing and we recommend frequent hand washing.
- Payment procedures – For your convenience and safety, we are continuing with contactless payment. Texts and emails with secure links will be sent for payment of deposits and invoices.
- If you are sick, please send a healthy friend or family member to bring your pet – If you are exhibiting any signs of illness, please find an alternative person to bring your pet to the vet.
- Euthanasia services – Improvements to our dedicated exam rooms include appropriate refurbishing, enhancing privacy, and the installation of an advanced ventilation system, which constantly ventilates fresh, outside air for everyone’s safety. Please wait in your car until a VSC team member comes to you and escorts you into an exam room.
- Climate-controlled, luxury restrooms – We provide a climate-controlled, luxury restroom trailer for our clients, which is thoroughly cleaned daily for safety. Any clients requiring accessible restrooms are asked to call us at (847) 459-7535 for accommodations, which require a mask to be worn at all times while inside our hospital.
We will continue to keep you updated as any additional precautions become necessary. Thank you for your help and understanding during this ever-evolving situation.
For more information about COVID-19 and your pet from the AVMA, please go here.