Veterinary Specialty Center (VSC) is one of the largest independently-owned specialty and emergency veterinary hospitals in the United States.
Veterinary Specialty Center (VSC) is an independently-owned specialty and emergency veterinary hospital located in Buffalo Grove, Illinois.
At Veterinary Specialty Center we believe that the enormous impact of the high-tech, state-of-the-art services we provide compels us to expand our mission. We not only want VSC to be an organization that is good but an organization that does good; for our patients, clients, referring veterinarians, staff, community and the environment. We take this social and environmental responsibility very seriously; it shapes our unique culture and guides our growth and business decisions.
- It’s the reason we were named a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace
- It’s the reason we were the first veterinary hospital in the US to receive B-Corporation Certification
- It’s the reason why we are one of the first hospitals in the Chicago-area to achieve VECCS Level I Trauma Certification (one of just twelve veterinary hospitals internationally)
This helps differentiate us from other specialty hospitals. We lead the way in progressive medical treatments and are one of the few private hospitals to offer –
- 3 Tesla MRI
- 64 Slice CT Scan
- Non-invasive cardiac surgical procedures
- In-house Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory with a Pathologist on staff
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
We also heavily promote community involvement including organized staff volunteer days and paid time off so that our staff can volunteer for organizations that are close to their hearts.
When it opened in 1976, VSC was one of the first specialty veterinary hospitals not affiliated with a university in the United States. In the years since, we have continued to innovate while providing collaborative care for our patients while working closely with their families and primary veterinarians. With over 40 doctors, VSC is home to a wide range of specialties with locations in Buffalo Grove and Crystal Lake.
- Certified B Corporation – The first US veterinary hospital to receive this designation
- Veterinary Committee on Trauma (VetCOT) Certified Level 1 Trauma Center – One of just a dozen internationally and the first in the Chicago market
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society’s (VECCS) Level 1 Trauma Facility
- American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) Accredited Referral Hospital
Kathy Mordini, Marketing Director
(847) 459-7535, press *1513