What to know about our soft reopening
With Illinois opening up from COVID-19 restrictions, VSC has decided to follow the state’s lead with a “soft” reopen. What does this look like? First, entrance to the hospital will only be offered to initial appointments.
Initial appointments for specialty services:
When making an appointment, a member of our client service team will ask if you want to use an exam room or remain curbside. In either instance, we will have you will stay in your car during the check-in process prior to an appointment.
Upon your arrival, a client service team member will confirm if you want to continue with your original preference to be put into an exam room or remain curbside. If you decide to come into a room:
- A member of the specialty team will go to the car and escort you into an exam room.
- The doctor will discuss recommendations and next steps with you in the room.
- You will then be asked to return to your vehicle, and you can either wait in your vehicle or wait at home.
- Pick-up and release of patients will be done by phone, and a team member will bring the patient back to your car.
- Once the appointment is finished and discharges have been verbally communicated, the discharge instructions and payment link will be sent to you by the discharging team.
For those arriving for emergency services:
You will continue to check-in upon arrival from you car. A member of our client service team will then inform the triage technician that a patient has arrived. An ECC triage tech will call you, get your pet’s history, and ask if you prefer to be seen in a room or wait in the car.
If you decide to be seen in a room:
- When the ER Doctor is ready to meet with you, a member of the triage team will go to your car and escort you and your pet to the exam room.
- Once the doctor discusses recommendations and next steps, we ask that you return to your vehicle.
- If this is an outpatient procedure, then once the appointment is finished, a technician will send a payment link, review and send discharge instructions.
All clients still need to be masked. However, for those coming into the building, we no longer require health check paperwork.
Unfortunately, you will be unable to wait in the bistro or lobby at this time. If there will be an extensive wait for tests, etc., and the room is needed for another appointment, we ask that you return to your car to wait or wait at home to return later. The Bistro is open for for your use to purchase food but will be currently closed for sitting and eating.
Plexiglas has been added to the front desk area for the safety of both our employees and clients. All receipts will be emailed or texted to you. We will not be offering printed receipts at this time.
Clients must continue to use the provided outdoor, climate-controlled restrooms which are deep cleaned daily.