Veterinary Specialty Center is excited to offer a unique advanced training and career opportunity.
If you have a strong interest in emergency medicine, want to work alongside an incredible team of doctors, technicians, and support staff, crave individualized mentorship, make a significant dent in your debt, work in a brand-new facility with state-of-the-art equipment, and drastically improve your confidence and skill sets, then the accelERate program at Veterinary Specialty Center (VSC) is exactly what you are looking for. Unlike a typical internship, the accelERate program takes only 6 months and is designed for individuals that are interested in a career in emergency medicine or to advance your skills as a general practitioner with advanced emergency training. During the 3-year commitment, make $68,000 your first year and then bask in a generous six-figure salary the following two years. If interested in general practice after fulfilling your commitment, we can offer job placement assistance through our extensive referral network. accelERate your career today!
*includes our comprehensive benefits package
Enrollment every March, July and November.
- AccelERate is a 6-month, abridged internship training program
- Designed for individuals that are interested in a career in emergency medicine or to advance your skills as a general practitioner with advanced emergency training
- Drastically improve your skillsets and confidence
- If interested in general practice, make yourself more competitive and confident
- 3-year commitment at a generous salary to help combat your student debt
- Salary starts at $68k for year 1
- Salary increases to six figures for years 2 and 3
- After 3 years and if interested in general practice, we offer job placement assistance through our extensive referral network
- Surgical proficiency through our Shelter Animal Surgical Services program and partnership with Chicago Animal Care and Control
- One-on-one mentorship with our critical care specialists and senior emergency clinicians
- Shadow and learning opportunities with every specialty
- Daily didactic opportunities to expand your knowledge
- Extensive training with and access to our Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (compassion fatigue, depression, grief, stress management, etc.)
- Benefits include health, dental, vision, 401k match, pet insurance, life insurance, generous CE allowance, free on-site gym, overtime opportunities, on-site bistro, HSA, FSA, long and short term disability
- Advanced CPR training
- Point of care ultrasound training
- Wet labs and emergency procedures training
- Optional lectures and training focusing on general practice topics