To advance the video, click the forward arrow.
When your pet needs surgery, you want to have confidence in the skill and expertise of your surgical team. Surgical Referral Service is the largest, most established surgical service in the Chicagoland area. Our surgeons work with our anesthesiologist to provide optimally safe anesthesia using state-of-the-art monitoring equipment and the best pain management possible before, during and after your pet’s surgical procedure.
• Torn cruciate (knee) ligament
• Other ligament and tendon injuries
• Hip dysplasia
• Elbow dysplasia
• Luxating patella
• Limb abnormalities
• Osteochondrosis of the shoulder or elbow (OCD)
• Fragmented medial coronoid process of the elbow ( FMCP)
Soft Tissue Problems
• Laryngeal paralysis
• Reconstructive surgery for severe wounds
• Wobbler’s syndrome
• Spinal fractures and tumors
• Brain tumors
• Gastric dilatation and volvulus (GDV or “bloat”)
• Intestinal obstruction
• Gastric foreign bodies
• Uterine infection
• Cesarean section
• Traumatic abdominal and thoracic wounds
• Specialty masses
Our surgeons utilize the latest techniques including stem cell therapy, Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO), Trochleoplasty for luxating patellas, PennHIPevaluations, pubic symphysiodesis in puppies, Triple Pelvic Osteotomy (TPO), total hip replacement, Femoral Head Osteotomy (FHO), arthroscopy, reconstructive surgery, and limb salvage operations. Surgeons are on call for emergency surgery 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to provide the best care for your pet.