At Veterinary Specialty Center we believe that the enormous impact of the high-tech, state-of-the-art services we provide compels us to expand our mission. We not only want VSC to be an organization that is good but an organization that does good; for our patients, clients, referring veterinarians, staff, community and the environment. We take this social and environmental responsibility very seriously; it shapes our unique culture and guides our growth and business decisions.
- It’s the reason we were named a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace
- It’s the reason we were the first veterinary hospital in the US to receive B-Corporation Certification
- It’s the reason why we were the first hospital in the Chicago-area to achieve VetCot Level I Trauma Certification (one of just twelve veterinary hospitals internationally)
This helps differentiate us from other specialty hospitals. We lead the way in progressive medical treatments and are one of the few private hospitals in the country and the first in Illinois to offer –
- 3 Tesla MRI
- 64-Slice CT Scan
- Non-invasive cardiac surgical procedures
- Hip replacements for small dogs and cats
- In-house Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory with a Pathologist on staff
- High flow oxygen therapy
- Subcutaneous Ureteral Bypass surgery
First Private Practice in Illinois to Offer the Following
We were the first private practice in Illinois to offer the following
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
- Radiation therapy to companion animals
- Oncology services
- Acoustic Compression Therapy (ACT)
We are also the only practice in Illinois with a licensed counselor and grief support group.
Leading the Way
We lead the veterinary community in many other areas.
- Hosts the largest, no-cost, annual continuing education event for veterinarians and veterinary nurses in the Midwest.
- We also host a full day of continuing education for practice leadership and an event that focuses on employee wellbeing.
- One of the few practices with veterinary nurses boarded in emergency, critical care, anesthesiology, and internal medicine
- In-house laboratory from the University of Illinois’ Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory