Diagnostic tests play a vital role in reaching a diagnosis for your pet. Veterinary Specialty Center’s onsite Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory provides a wide range of tests and services to assist our doctors in the timely diagnosis of our patients. Our on-site testing is provided by the University of Illinois’s Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory and is fully accredited by the American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians.
Boarded pathologist Dr. Ashlee Urbasic oversees the diagnostic testing performed which include:
- Cytology (aspirates, bone marrow, fluid analysis)
- Chemistry (profiles, bile acids, bromide, fructosamine, phenobarbital)
- Hematology (CBC, platelet count, reticulocytes)
- Coagulation (fibrinogen, FDP, PT, PTT)
- Centrifuged fecal float
- Urine protein
- Creatinine ratio
Biopsy, microbiology, and endocrinology testing is forwarded to the University of Illinois Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory in Urbana. When needed, we work with other outside laboratories to obtain results for a small range of tests not available at VSC.
Laboratory hours at VSC in Buffalo Grove are:
- Monday and Friday, 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Tuesday through Thursday 8 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Contact Ashlee Urbasic, DVM, MS, DACVP at 847-459-7535, ext. 3601.
Visit the University of Illinois Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory on-line for a complete list of tests and services.