Join VSC’s new Pre-Vet Summer Enrichment Program!
VSC is a hospital that believes in the importance of equity and inclusion, and we understand the veterinary profession continues to be one of the least diverse professions in the United States. A diverse veterinary field improves access to care in the United States, especially in regions where serious ethnic and racial disparities exist. Consequently, there is an unmistakable need to recruit and ensure there is the retention of underrepresented students within our profession. VSC desires to do our part to attract a student body at veterinary colleges across the country that is more reflective of society, resulting in a more diverse applicant pool. Therefore, Veterinary Specialty Center is pleased to sponsor our Pre-Vet Summer Enrichment Program.
2023 Program Dates: May 30th – July 31st*
* Selected participants can choose to complete their 2 or 4-week program anytime within the above dates.
Deadline to Apply: February 1st, 2023
What will students be able to participate in during this program?
This program will provide students with an in-depth veterinary experience focusing on the different specialties and disciplines of veterinary medicine. During the program you will:
- Spend time on the clinic floor with a veterinarian
- Be assigned a veterinarian mentor and given guidance on how to prepare for the application process to veterinary school
- Experience the daily tasks and responsibilities of different veterinary specialties
- Observe a variety of small animal patient cases
- Get the counsel and training necessary to ensure you become a competitive applicant for vet school
- Gain meaningful experiences that will prepare you for a career in veterinary medicine
Specifics about the program:
- 2-4 weeks during the summer
- $650/week stipend
- Housing provided
- Assigned DVM mentor
Requirements to apply
- Be a current junior or senior at an accredited college or university or a recent graduate
- Are planning on applying for veterinary school
- Have a 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher
- Students from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply
- Resume or CV
- Submit a short essay (no more than 600 words) that
- describes your desire to be a veterinarian
- explains how this program will help you achieve your goals
Interested in joining us at VSC? Click here to apply: