Veterinary Specialty Center Pet Loss Support Group
VSC Free Pet Loss Support Group – email Becky Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org
Anti-Cruelty Society Support Group – Call Tammie Bouschor at 312.644.8338 ext. 344 or e-mail email@example.com.
ASPCA Pet Loss Support Program – 877.474.3310
CVMA Wings Pet Loss Support Group and Hotline – 630.325.1600
Lap of Love
PAWS Support Group
Pet Loss Support Page
Books About Pet Loss
- Coping with sorrow on the loss of your pet (3rd ed.) – Anderson, M. (1996). US: DogEar Publishing.
- Goodbye friend: Healing wisdom for anyone who has ever lost a pet – Kowalski, G. (2012). Novato, CA: New World Publishing.
- Good-bye my friend: Tributes, poems, prose, and other ways to remember your pet – Lanci-Altomare, M. (2004). Irvine, CA: Bowtie Press.
- Coping with the loss of a pet – Lemieux, C. (1989). Wyomissing, PA: Wallace R Clark Co.
- Goodbye, my friend: Grieving the loss of a pet – Montgomery, M. and Montgomery, H. (1991). Chanhassen, MN: Montgomery Press.
- A final act of caring: Ending the life of an animal friend – Montgomery, M. and Montgomery, H. (1993). Chanhassen, MN: Montgomery Press.
- Healing Pet Loss – 10 tips for coping with the loss of a pet – Soucy, M. (2012). Healing Pet Loss.
- When your pet dies: A guide to mourning, remembering, and healing – Wolfelt, A. (2004). Fort Collins, CO: Companion Press.
Books For Children and Parents
- Talking about death: A dialogue between parent and child – Grollman, E. (1990). Boston, MA: Beacon Press.
- When children grieve: For adults to help children deal with death, divorce, pet loss, moving, and other losses – James, J, Friedman, R, and Matthews, L. (2001). New York, NY: HarperCollins Publishers.
- Pet loss and children: Establishing a healthy foundation – Ross, C.B. (2005). New York, NY: Routledge.
Books For Children
- When dinosaurs die: A guide to understanding death – Brown, L.K., and Brown, M. (1996). New York, NY: Little, Brown and Company.
- Why did you die: Activities to help children cope with grief and loss -Leeuwenburgh, E. and Goldring, E. (2008). Oakland, CA: Instant Help Books.
- Lifetimes: A beautiful way to explain death to children Mellonie, B. and Ingpen, R. (1983).
- Dog Heaven – Rylant, C. (1995). New York, NY: The Blue Sky Press.
- Cat Heaven -Rylant, C. (1997). New York, NY: The Blue Sky Press. New York, NY: Bantam Books.
- I miss you: A first look at death – Thomas, P. (2001). Hauppauge, NY: Barron’s Educational Series.
Rachel Menge, LCSW, PMH-C at Mind Made Well, PLLC – BCBS PPO, Cigna, Blue Choice
Amanda Harris, LCSW – Amanda L. Harris Counseling – 224.633.9239 – Accepts Cigna, BCBS PPO, Optum, Anthem, Aetna or Self pay $200
Elisha-Rio A, MA – Empower Family Therapy – Couple & Family Therapy Counseling Parenting – BCBS PPO and sliding scale
Christine Gulych, LCSW and Linda Sassone, LCSW – Integrative Counseling Group – 708.608.3538 – UHC PPO/Optum, BCBS PPO, Aetna, Cigna, Oxford, UMR (ALL PPO)
Audra Eisin-Banazek – Take HeArt Counseling – 773.967.9085 – BCBS PPO, UHC, Private Pay $130
Ellen Bronder, Ph.D – 216.299.3810 – No insurance, $250 for initial, $220 for each subsequent session