On-site diagnostic testing is provided through a relationship with the University of Illinois Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, which is based at the College of Veterinary Medicine in Urbana, Ill., and is fully accredited by the American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians.
Boarded clinical pathologist Dr. Ashlee Urbasic oversees the diagnostic testing at VSC in Buffalo Grove. Services performed on-site include:
- Cytology (aspirates, bone marrow, fluid analysis)
- Chemistry (profiles, bile acids, bromide, fructosamine, phenobarbital)
- Hematology (CBC, platelet count, reticulocytes)
- Coagulation (fibrinogen, FDP, PT, PTT)
- Centrifuged fecal float
- Urine protein
- Creatinine ratio
Biopsy, microbiology, and endocrinology testing is forwarded to the University of Illinois Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory in Urbana.
Laboratory hours at VSC in Buffalo Grove are:
- Monday and Friday, 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Tuesday through Thursday 8 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Contact Ashlee Urbasic, DVM, MS, DACVP at 847-459-7535, ext. 3601.
Visit the University of Illinois Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory on-line for a complete list of tests and services.